Monday, October 19, 2015

Something new & shiny

Hello world, is anyone out there?

So, a little bit about me, my intentions and what I intend to do with this blog to keep me M O T I V A T E D.

My name is Lauren Marston, I am using my soon to be new surname to remind me of my goal - to be in a size 10 wedding dress. I have 3 cats, own my own home, love prosecco and pizza (preferably together)

 
I am getting married on 9th June 2017 - I intend to blog right up until my wedding day in 18 months!

I am 25, living in Essex and working in London as a PA. It is my dream job, but not my dream sector. Saying that, I bloody love it here.

I have always, always, always struggled with weight. I have tried 1000000000 (and 1000000 and 100000's) of different diets, including Juice Plus, Lighter Life, pills, Weight Watchers, cabbage soup, starvation, 5:2, blah, blah, blah. All have failed - except one.

I found Slimming world after my friend, we'll call her 'Beth', lost almost 100lbs on SW and looked absolutely incredible. She told me how much she was eating and as we sat in a house party gathering, munching on a punnet of grapes and telling me her incredible success, I was hooked.
I joined a local Slimming World group at first, and I fell in love with the community feel SW brought; the ladies all knew each other, everyone wrote cards if anything significant happened and did collections to send them gifts, I found myself telling everyone my life story. The downside of this group was that no one seemed to loose much weight, and those who did didn't seem to be part of this community. After all these months I decided to move my group into London for more positive image therapy. I left that group at 10 stone 3.5lbs and a happy size 10/12.

My first session was last Tuesday, and weighed in at 10st 9lbs (THE HORROR) - this was after a weeks holiday, my birthday and 3 weeks off plan. It's a massive gain for me though, I find that the second I am off plan the pounds zoom back on, I have an unhealthy habit of overeating when I am off plan, I eat like I've never eaten before and I feel totally ashamed afterwards.

So, it brings to me to this blog, why I'm doing it and why not other means of social media..
  1. I am sick of people telling me I don't need to loose weight, I am not comfortable in my body, therefore I feel the need to loose weight.
  2. I am sick of being judged by friendship groups & family - I want to do this almost annonomously - they can find me if they look, they probably won't!
  3. I want to loose weight and document it, I think this maintains my motivation and allows me to keep focused!
  4. If (IF!) others read this, I could look to get advice and tasty recipies.
  5. I want to post recipies and recreations of my own!

So, that's a bit about me, here's to my blog! (clink!)

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment